Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

So, a couple housekeeping things that are making me happy....

Today I did my first day of "couch to 5K" training - that means, my first day of interval running in preparation to run my first 5K scheduled for March 10th (I think).... now, for those of you who know me, running and Dani don't go together.... but, I am on a mission... so today's workout was 30 minutes - a 5 min warm up brisk walk, 60 seconds of running, 90 seconds brisk walking, 60 seconds running, etc followed by a 5 min brisk walk cool down.... and I DID IT!  Although, right now, feel like my knees are going to buckle, still feels like a huge sense of accomplishment!  And, I followed that routine with the stationary bike.... what am I thinking??????  I am a monster!

Next, coming this Friday at 12:01am, we are starting an awesome blog hop at Tiffany Doodles!  I will have all the deets here so be watching.... I have seen some of the other DT inspiration and all I can say is WOW!

Third, my hubby is picking me up and taking me out for date night!  One of the best Italian places that we have found does gnocchi only on Tuesday nights.... YUM.... good thing I just worked out before piling all that potato goodness into my belly.... My stomach is growling just thinking about it!

OK, so now onto the card making already, huh???
Today I thought I would share with you a birthday card I made for the same co-worker who just got married (still need to come up with that card... better late than never).... When I saw the images in the new JustRite Cling stamps I knew just what I was going to do with it.... too bad what I had in mind turned out terrible!  Good thing for the color images that are on the cling sheet.... I have to give credit where credit is due - coloring was totally cased.... Image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black (my fav go-to ink) and colored with PrismaColor Pencils and blended with GAMSOL odorless mineral spirits.  The image is die cut with a Spellbinder Nestabilities (love those too) and the background layer was cut with scissors - wish they had the dies a bit closer in size so the layers don't have to be so thick....  I absolutely love the ginormous bling that I found to accent the bow - however, did not love adhering it to the card... mishaps galore.... in thinking to myself how to possibly get something that large and heavy attached to the front, the only thing that came to mind was my Glossy Accents from Ranger... LOVE that stuff... put a glob on the card, plopped down the bling, but when I attempted to adjust the placement - it didn't seem to be sitting flush with the card - the glossy accents which I know would hold, ripped that paper!  Wasn't ready for it to dry so quickly!  And what then is a girl to do?????  ADD MORE!  Grabbed that bottle and put a lot more on to make a mound of adhesive!  The other part that made this for me, was the bow tied with the silk ribbon from May Arts - I LOVE IT.... I wish I could use it on every card, but alas, there is no money tree in my yard....  The pattern paper seemed to work perfectly and I cut out the banner for the sentiment and tadaa.... a birthday card!


Closer view

You can see in the second photo that all the layers are popped up with foam squares....I normally love the Stampin Up dimensionals, but for this, I wanted a larger pop, so I used my American Crafts foam adhesive.

Now that I handed it over, there are so many things I would do a little differently, but, hey, that is for another card, right?????

Hope you enjoyed my post today.... remember to check back this Friday for the details on the blog hop a coming!!!!!!

till then, happy stamping!
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment