Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

A day to play!

So, today I had a mission.... clear out my craft room and start playing!  We recently had the carpets cleaned which means everything had to be removed from the floors and put on top of our furniture and then the carpet needed time to dry.... and then the holdays were over, and it was time to put everything back together... since it is not a room we use as a family, it is only my crafting area, it is not always walked into for a week or more at a time - easy to forget to take all the stuff off the tables and place it back on the carpet where it belongs... duh.... well, since the hubby had to work and I did not - the perfect chance to do what I love...  And, did I ever!  I created 5 wonderful cards and I felt fabulous doing them.... so nice to not have a "task" at hand and just play with different things you have been wanted to do.....

Today, I will share the "holiday" card I had hoped to make but didn't get time to....

 

When I saw the sample the company sent to the LSS of these images, I had to try and re-create it.... to much dismay, it was not as easy as it first appeared and I went through several attempts to get it just the way I wanted.... it was not brown ink and brown embossing powder, or brown ink and glitter embossing powder, and it wasn't one brown ink, or another, or yet another.... after multiple failures, I mastered the look I wanted.... Chalk Ink from Colorbox in Dark Brown with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.... just right!  Colored in with my copic markers and covered with Diamond Stickles and wa-la.... love, love, love this.... however, not one to really duplicate hundreds of times... or even 50 really.... added some pleated ribbon from Pink Paislee on top of Grass gingham pattern paper and I think it came out better than I had imagined in the beginning!  Here is a close up of the card - not sure the photo captures the lovely sparkle, which actually looks more bronze against the brown coloring... I think I like it better than the "snow" that was on the sample!



Card Recipe:
Paper:  Stampin Up Chocolate Chip, Ivory cardstock, Amuse Gingham in GrassStamp:  DRS #K505 (pinecone main image), #K467 (background branches)Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink in Dark Brown with Clear Embossing Powder, Copic Markers – YG61, YG63, E43, E44Embellishments: Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage ribbon pleats, Diamond Stickles

thanks for looking!  happy stamping....
Dani

1 comment:

  1. Dani, this card is gorgeous! The design is spectacular...love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete