Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year - 2012... here we come!!!!
10 years ago this morning (very... very early) I got engaged to the most wonderful man in the world.... I am reminded of my joy every new year and hope the best for all my friends and family.... looking forward to the new year is so hopeful as it is all brand new and ahead... I hope for a year of joys and laughter, health and happiness, and some time to enjoy life as it should be.... no more worries and pain.... if you believe, it will be true!

So as I start fresh this year, I plan to take every day as it comes and enjoy it for what it is... a fresh, new start.  I am aleady sketching some cards to make and post tomorrow, so check back soon.....

A card that was made this past couple weeks ago came to me out of an idea to see if it was something I could accomplish - you know how sometimes, as a crafter, the thing in your head does not always turn out like you imagine once it is on paper.... this was not that case.... My boss, who is more a friend and mentor, had hip replacement surgery on December 13th.... a week later, I was headed to her home to bring her a surprise from the team.... the card that I imagined was one that would be thoughtful yet also be fun, just as she is..... so I picked the pinwheel image from Tiffany Doodles and went to town.... I printed it on several patterned papers from My Mind's Eye (my fav 6x6 paper pads!) and began to cut them all out.... my idea was taking shape..... I printed it also on PTI white cardstock for the base and die cut the image out with my Spellbinders Nestabilities..... the stick is colored with 2 shades of Copic Markers.... when I started "fluffing" the curls were not so sturdy so I printed more of the white and \glued the patterned paper to the white to give stability.....  when layered together, I used my Crop A Dile to make larger holes in the center and attached them together with an apoxy brad that was in my stash.... gotta love when something you have just "fits" perfectly!  So they actually spin!!!!!  Love the way it turned out!!!!  Layered on the die cut piece and scissor cut the layers behind it..... sentiment is Hero Arts - always a favorite when trying to find the right words - and they are able to be cut apart, although this one didn't need to be here.... finished with some bling!



The inside is the most fun part.... it reads (got from internet so I can't take credit for the words...)

This card has health-giving powers
And we've made it just for you
We certainly feel much better
And hope that you do too!

below this I listed all the team members that were in on the surprise.... she was overwhelmed and the look on her face was well worth the time it took to make this just perfect!

Thanks for taking a look and as always, comments are welcome (and much enjoyed!)
Dani

1 comment:

  1. You're back in blog business!! Awesome!

    What a beautiful card! Your sentiment inside was well chosen.

    ReplyDelete